Monday, August 22, 2016

Photo for ERAS

Should I upload a photo for my residency application?

YES!

What are the requirements?

  • Front view of head and shoulders only
  • Professionally dressed
  • JPEG format
  • < 100 KB file size
  • < 2.5" x 3.5" in size 
Where do I get it done?
Any photographer can do a head shot. Ask around. I had a friend that was a photographer and was willing to do it for me. 

How do I upload it?
It's actually found in the 'supporting documents" section of the application but you have to upload it on ECFMG's OASIS site. After logging in, on the left side it says "ERAS Support Services" click on that. Then click "Upload" then "Upload Photograph". 

It will let you know if your sizing is over the maximum and won't let you upload it. You can change the sizing of the picture on a Mac by opening it in Preview, Go to "Tools" then "Adjust size" As you decrease the size make sure to increase the resolution as much as you can without going over the 100KB so it doesn't look pixelated. 

Here's mine:


Have any more questions? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment