Thursday, May 25, 2017

Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Elective

Sorry I've been so behind on posting about my remaining electives! After taking a short break from electives, and taking Step 2 CK, I ventured back down to Augusta, Georgia to complete an elective in REI. I LOVED it. I was wanting exposure to various procedures in this area. While I didn't get a ton of hands on experience, I did get to witness IUI and IVF procedures. We also managed the diagnosis . and treatment of polycystic ovarian syndrome and amenorrhea. My knowledge of ovulation induction agents increase immensely and lastly we performed lots of surgeries from hysteroscopy, myomectomies, hysterectomies and tubal reconstruction microsurgeries.

If you have any interest in OBGYN this will give you lots of exposure various procedures. The Physician and Staff are great and always ready to answer you questions! A paper is required for the rotation on a topic of your choosing within the field.

1 comment:

  1. I was pinning away for such type of blogs, thanks for posting this for us.
    http://obgynnearme.me/

    ReplyDelete